Grab your wallet, keys, and face mask. When people are going to public places where they will be with others, face masks are an essential part of their daily life. People are increasingly turning to industrial personal protection equipment (PPE), especially the disposable N95 respirator, because of increased demand and limited supply. Respirators protect the wearer and others from environmental contamination to a greater extent than most ear-loop masks. These disposable respirators can provide a complete facepiece to head seal when worn correctly. They have two straps that fit around your neck and back to hold the respirator in its place and have been certified and tested. General consumers, healthcare professionals, and emergency responders should all be able to correctly wear this “new to them” industrial PPE. When worn correctly, the N95 disposable cup molded cup respirator provides protection that meets many standards. However, if you aren’t careful when putting on the respirator you might break the straps or cause damage to the device. It is important to know that not all Kn95 or N95 masks are the same. Each mask comes with its own instructions and should be used correctly. N95 respirators, which are tight-fitting respirators, remove at least 95% of the particles from the air. Because particle sizes can vary widely, N95 respirators were designed to eliminate the worst. These are the steps that you need to take in order to use the N95 mask.
Importance of N95 Mask
The most important benefit to the popular N95 or the Kn95 mask is that they effectively filter ninety percent of airborne particulates from the air. Multilayered synthetic fibers make up these masks. Wearing them close to the nose and mouth is possible. By wearing the mask in this manner, they both effectively filter out ninety percent of airborne particulates which may be carrying the new virus. The use of such a device is very important since the majority of people who suffer from respiratory illnesses are often the victims of secondary infections. These infections can be transmitted to the skin or the hands. These infections are not life-threatening but can cause serious complications.
How to Wear
- Begin by holding the respirator in your palm with the straps facing down towards the ground.
- Next, place the respirator below the chin and the nosepiece facing inwards.
- Next, wrap the lower neck strap below your ears. Holding the respirator in one hand, hold the respirator against your face. Then, wrap the upper strap around the crown of your head.
To adjust the position of your respirator, place your hands on either side and move up, down, and left.
- To seal the nose clip, mold it over your bridge and cheeks.
- To ensure a perfect fit, perform a user seal test
- Place your hands on the respirator with both of your fingers.
- Inhale quickly. You should feel a positive pressure inside your respirator.
- You can adjust the respirator if you feel there is air in your lungs by:
- To seal the nose, apply additional pressure to the nose clip.
- Adjusting the position of your respirator on your forehead; or.
- Adjust the head strap position.
- To remove the N95, hold the respirator in your dominant hand. This will allow you to keep it on your face. Next, pull the bottom strap across your head. While you are still holding the respirator in the other hand, lift the mask and take it off.
- Although this information does not address all N95 respirators it is intended to help people understand the basics of how to wear the N95 disposable molded cup respirator.
- These disposable respirators can provide a complete facepiece to head seal when worn correctly.